Monday, August 25, 2014

4pm "You deserve the best, I hope you get it."

We all have different definitions of a good day, so this is what I hope for you.

 I hope when you peel citrus fruit 
that it all comes out in one piece.

 I hope that you have nothing to do today so that you can stay in the shower because sometimes that’s the warmest and safest place to be.

 I hope you let the sidewalk kiss
the bottoms of your bare blistered feet after you’ve walked far too long in uncomfortable shoes.

 I hope the lights are all green on your drive home.

 I hope the cashier looks at you like you’re beautiful.

 I hope you have an appetite tonight and I hope you have more than enough good things to eat.

 I hope the walk to your car smells like trees and fresh cut grass.

 I hope you haven’t forgotten how lovely you are.

 I hope you get some stuff done 
even when you couldn’t leave your bed last week. 

 I hope you went outside even though
you didn’t want to see anyone.
 
 I hope you at least have a day
where nothing bad happens.

 I hope you have a day when you give yourself a break because you need to remember that you’re human.

 I hope you do something that makes you feel good about yourself.

 I hope you do something for you and only you.

 I hope you remember it’s not selfish to take care of yourself first.

 I hope you remember it’s okay to eat.

 Most of all, I hope you don’t die
because you are so many people’s reason to stay alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment