Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The chill of an empty bed

I lay here to the sound of the air conditioner, lost in thought, and only to notice the sound when it stops.

My bed once made, now a mess. I'm cold but too lazy to grab the blanket off the floor, so I just lay here. 

The clock says 3:55 and I know I have to get up and get dressed, I have work at 4:30.

 I'd rather just lay here on my pillow because it still holds the scent of you.

I don't know wether to feel happy that you came, or sad that you left. 

No time to worry I have work soon and my thoughts have the tendency to chain me to the bed. I get dressed staring at the shoe prints you left behind, and glance at the spot where your truck was once sitting not too long ago, as I get in my car.

I love you, and I miss you already.

1 comment:

  1. Every night I lay in bed staring out my window thinking about the one girl I care about, and the time just seems to fly. I'll finally snap out of it and find that a whole hour has past. Your not the only one who lays awake thinking. I really like your post. Also maybe make the font a bit bigger, its hard to read :)

    ReplyDelete